Back in March of 2010, I was bored one day, so I created Pinterest.
This should give you an indication of how incredibly crafty I am. I’m totally into giving back, and with the holiday’s upon us, I’ve decided that for the next few days, or until I get lazy or bored with it, I will be giving you easy to follow, wonderful homemade gift ideas. By following these simple steps, you are guaranteed to please and impress even the pickiest people on your list.
SUPER SIMPLE HOMEMADE DREAMCATCHER:
Materials list : 1 paper plate, 1- 12”x12” sheet aluminum foil, baking soda, mustard, black beans, laundry detergent, hole punch, 14” piece of dental floss, 1 twig, yellow crayon, ice cream scoop, down pillow.
1. Take your sheet of aluminum foil and fold it in half, then half again, then half again, then half again, then half again, then half again. Now, set it on a window ledge or another sunny spot until called for.
2. In a copper mixing bowl, combine 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tbsp mustard, 7/8 cup of black beans, and 1/3 cup of liquid laundry detergent. Mix well and set aside.
3. Now, you will need a piece of dental floss, measure to 14” and cut.
4. Find a nice sized twig from your yard, and tie it securely to one end of the 14″ dental floss.
5. Go get your trusty hole punch, if you do not have one I will wait while you run out to the store to get one.
6. OK, good, you’re back.
7. Get your paper plate. Punch a hole 7/16” down from the outer edge.
8. Take your piece of dental floss with the twig attached. Tie the other end to the paper plate. Make sure to use a perfect Windsor knot.
9. Lay your plate flat, and with a yellow crayon, trace your right hand (it must be your right hand, not your left).
10. Remember your baking soda bean detergent mustard mixture? Now, with an ice cream scoop, place one blob, 2″ in diameter, right in the center of your hand outline that you just drew.
11. Remove your folded sheet of aluminum foil from the window ledge or other sunny spot, run it under cold water for 4 minutes and press dry between paper towels. When dry, press directly into the middle of the mixture on the plate.
12. Let this dry for 13 hours and 47 minutes on a down pillow.
Wrap as desired, and just watch the dreams of your recipient come true as they open this one of a kind Christmas treasure.
Categories: Big Ideas